Join now - be part of our community!

Random tiny numbers appearing on screen why?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
deaconj999
Explorer

Random tiny numbers appearing on screen why?

On at least 2 separate occasions I have noticed random sets of numbers appear on my screen. The first was during the McGregor and Mayweather fight when a random 5 or so numbers appeared in the lower left corner of the screen and stayed there for a few minutes. The second was this evening 11 Oct 17 whilst watching the one show a small 77 appeared top right. Both were not at the edge of the screen but about 8-12 inches from the edge. I have a Bravia KD 55S8005C and both events were whilst viewing channels from SKY Q. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

Sky often put numeric IDs on sporting/pay-per-view events (as well as other key broadcasts) as part of content  security. I think this is one of those cases.

The number is associated with your Sky-Q box. The idea is that if you do the unthinkable and illegaly stream the content over the internet, they'd be able to identify that it was you doing it, and then hassle you about it/block your account etc

It's definitely not an issue related to your TV though..

Cheers,
Dean

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @deaconj999 and welcome to the community,

Does this happen only with Sky Q?  Or do you experience similar with other sources (such as YouTube etc)?

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Educated_Pork

Sky often put numeric IDs on sporting/pay-per-view events (as well as other key broadcasts) as part of content  security. I think this is one of those cases.

The number is associated with your Sky-Q box. The idea is that if you do the unthinkable and illegaly stream the content over the internet, they'd be able to identify that it was you doing it, and then hassle you about it/block your account etc

It's definitely not an issue related to your TV though..

Cheers,
Dean

profile.country.GB.title
deaconj999
Explorer

Thanks Dean, sorry I didn't reply earlier. Sky Engineer came out other day on a separate issue and said same, ie it is Sky.

profile.country.GB.title
deaconj999
Explorer

Hi Cass, Sky only and solution found thanks.