Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Jeejayr
New

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Help! iPlayer has been working fine till a few days ago, now it just says 'no documents found'. I've tried resetting etc, switching off router etc but nothing. Based UK, all software up to date... HELP!
Tags (3)
64 REPLIES 64
the_kids_den
Explorer

This is a brand new box.

Glad to find that iPlayer should work.

I've tweeted @sony because I find I get better customer service when discussing things in public.

Neilgreen_uk
Explorer

Sony Cyustomer Service Response which has NOT fixed the iPlayer issue:

Thank you for contacting Sony.

I appreciate your enquiries about the Internet applications on your BDP-S1100 Player.

1-      In response to your query about Opera application, it is indeed supported on your Bluray player, I would be grateful if you attach a screenshot of the error making sure that it will not exceed 3 Mbs.

2-      With regards to iPlayer, I would suggest the following solutions:

-          Disconnect the mains and all the cables from the back for a couple of minutes and reconnect them back. Repeat this with the router.

-          Refresh BBC content:

Focus on “BBC iPlayer” icon the menu.

Push “Option” button on the remote commander

Select “Update List” on the option menu. Then, “Refresh Internet Content” will be started.

Select “BBC iPlayer” icon on the menu.>

-          Please check the actual  internet speed of your network bearing in mind that minimum of 2.4MB/s is required for standard video streaming and 10 MB/s for high definition content.

To check your internet speed please visit www.speedtest.net

-          Try a wired connection temporarily and see if this helps.

-          Run the BBC speed test to identify related shortage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics

3-      As for ITV player, we are actively engaged and working with all UK broadcasters in launching and expanding their catch-up TV services however unfortunately it is not always simple to switch on a service. Due to technical reasons we do not have any specific update on 4OD and the ITV player at the moment however they do remain a priority for us.

Please never hesitate to reply to this email in case you need any further help.

Yours Sincerely,

Maha

Sony Customer Support

Sony Europe Limited

pwp1100
Explorer

I've had the same problem since Thursday 19th September.  As your customer servcie reprentative failed to spot that the BDP-S1100 only supports wired network connections, I'm not entirely surprised to find that the remainder of the advice you were given has done nothing to resolve our problems.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that my network link, according to the iPlayer speed test is , at >5100 kbps, fast enough for full HD, but that's about all I learnt from this exercise.

I believe I also logged a support call last night, but have receoved no confirmation of the call, so I'm not so sure.

I wonder if we can use wireshark to trap the packets our devices are trying to send, then decode the URL to prove my hypothesis that the BDP is trying to contact a non-existent resource?  Perhaps then Sony will take our reports seriously, as so far it seems incapable to take a box from stock, plug it in, and give it a go themselves...

denisegordon
Explorer

I've recently started having the same issue, none of the BBC apps work on my Blu Ray player, so am looking forward to a response from Sony.

jasonvine
Explorer

I also tried the Options / Update List 'solution' as well - no difference, still getting a Cannot open the page error on the iplayer.
pengipete

Just switched on and received an OTA update.

iplayer is still not available - "no documents exist" followed by "cannot open the page".

BBC News - still not available "sorry, this application is not currently available on your device"

Basically -  nothing changed.

Tried clicking "Options" and updating the list of contents - didn't help.

Unplugged from the mains for several minutes - made no difference.

pengipete

Have now emailed sony support to report this as a faulty box.   If they get enough people demanding repairs or replacements, they might just come out of hiding and explain what's going on.

How do I open a new topic please?

Mr_Onion

Click the 'new message' button.

screenshot_239
image upload

cader10
Explorer

i purchase  the BDP S5100  blue ray player, 4 weeks ago, up until a few days ago, BBC i player was working. I like numerous others on here are getting the same message . I contacted sony support, and spoke to a guy called Amer. He talked me through changing a few settings to see if we could get BBC I PLAYER up and running, however after half an hour on the phone. There was no change, so it is basically  left to sony and the BBC  to sort this mess out. I cannot believe that even on previous models,  since 2010, that there is still the same     reoccurring  issue . I for one WILL NEVER   purchase another SONY product.  like other customers,  I purchased the sony player, so as  to use the  BBC i PLAYER.. i FEEL I HAVE WASTED £120.00.  i shall now have to go  and  replace  another  blue ray player, from a differnt  manufacturer,. as it seems  to me this problem  only occurs with Sony's products.