Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Jeejayr
New

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Help! iPlayer has been working fine till a few days ago, now it just says 'no documents found'. I've tried resetting etc, switching off router etc but nothing. Based UK, all software up to date... HELP!
Tags (3)
64 REPLIES 64
pwp1100
Explorer

Just to follow this through - Sony customer services did reply yesterday.  The first part of the mail contained the usual selection of reset instructiions which, oddly enough, did not help.  The second part was a detailed request for technical information - MAC address, firmware version, isp name, postcode, result of iPlayer speed test etc - which I duly provided.  This does suggest that the issue will eventually be taken seriously, even if's not a priority at the moment.

Then today a new firware version was offered to my box - M14.R.0163 as opposed to M14.R.0160 - but surprisingly enough this has not fixed the iPlayer problem. So maybe that's just a coincidence.

If this isn't fixed by the weekend, maybe it's time to call  BBC Watchdog?

pengipete

Last November, there was a similar problem with some LG smart players and iplayer.  I emailed the BBC iplayer team and pointed them in the direction of forums (to show that it wasn't just me that was affected).   They added a message on the iplayer website and said they were "working with LG" to find a solution.  http://www.avforums.com/forums/portable-disc-media-players-recorders/1710452-bbc-iplayer.html

It took LG about a week to sort it out via an OTA update.

Trouble is, I can't find the email or the email address - so if anyone can find one, drop an email to the BBC and they may be able to give Sony a kick up the backside (cos it certainly doesn't look like anyone from Sony is reading the forums or replying to emails or support requests from customers).

(On LG boxes, you can revert to an older version of software/firmware really easily using a USB key - so it was a doddle to "down-date" until a working version was released.  As far as I can tell, that can't be done with this sony box.  If anyone knows differently - let us know.)

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi everyone. Thank you for letting us know about the problem with your Blu-Ray players.

For those of you experiencing issues with accessing the Opera TV Store, we believe that this should be fixed with a firmware update that was released yesterday. Please make sure that you update your Blu-Ray player to the latest firmware.

If you are having problems accessing specific apps, we do not believe this is a Sony issue but an issue with one of our network providers, and they are investigating further. We hope to bring you more information when we have it.

In the meantime, please do continue to share details of any issues you are experiencing.

rogemersw
New

I noted you mentioned the Opera problem, but did not mention the BBC problem..

After days without this service and you update not nothing to correct the problem I would guess that as well as myself there are many who would like a answer to this problem...

Why sell a product that can not do what it states!

Neilgreen_uk
Explorer

Not fixed my opera or iplayer issue.

This is a joke so will be seeking a refund from store and will switch away from Sony.

Maybe we all should.
pengipete

The update did NOT fix anything - as you'd know if you bothered to read  the posts in this thread.

I got a reply to my "contact us" and it's another waste of time- a peurile attempt to pretend this is a problem with my internet connection rather than sony's products.

Here's the simple answer - GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK SO I CAN BUY A BLU RAY PLAYER FROM A DECENT COMPANY.

Is that a bit difficult for you?

Work it out.

In the UK, we want to watch iplayer - IS THAT TOO DIFFICULT FOR YOU????????????

------

Edited by Drewde - Profanity removed.

pengipete

Have told Amazon to collect this peice of rubbish and cancel my lovefilm account.  Sony garbage never works in the UK (and when you ask them why, they give you lies and crap)

pwp1100
Explorer

Sony customer service got back to me today to say that me details have been passed "to the relevant department" and that I would hear back from them in due course.  I wonder what that means.  Meanwhile I have emailed the BBC iplayer contact team, but their automated reply "we cannto reply to every message" doesn't bring much hope either.

In addition it seems from the "official" reply to this thread that Sony is going down the road of blaming "the network".  That would be a possibly, one which would be more likely if we're all using the same ISP (BT) or maybe if we're all on the same exchange (Reading).  Also as iPlayer works fine on any PC hooked up to the same hub as my BDP S1100, it would need to be a host or port which is specific to the way the BDP application works.  Again possible, but I don't know enough of the internals (or indeed any of them) to figure out what this may be...

pwp1100
Explorer

Also just emailed BBC watchdog.  Watch this space.

pengipete

Have told Amazon to take this garbage away and replace with any non-Sony brand (not the first time I've bought Soany and regreted it).   I've cancelled my Lovefilm account - I can't run a load of stb's to access different services.

Incredibly, I suffered the same patronsising garbage from Sony last year (over a mobile phone) and said I'd never use them again - but lovefilm kind-of forced this on a lot of people,

The solution is simple - tell people not to buy sony and they won't infest the UK with their tat.  Sony used to have a good name over here - now they are best known for being unreliable and for having awful customer services.