Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Jeejayr
New

BDP S1100 iplayer 'no documents found'

Help! iPlayer has been working fine till a few days ago, now it just says 'no documents found'. I've tried resetting etc, switching off router etc but nothing. Based UK, all software up to date... HELP!
Tags (3)
64 REPLIES 64
pengipete

Hard to say.

TalkTalk basically ignored the entire discussion and their customers ended-up squabbling with some people totally convinced there was something fishy and others calling them paranoid (and worse).

The basic idea was that TalkTalk were "doing something" that "broke" iplayer.  The main suggestions were that it stemmed from phorm-style interception and redirects or else content filtering from TT playing "nanny" with customer's content.

The main impetus for the idea stemmed from the fact that A LOT of sony users couldn't access iplayer for a very long time or had repeatedly problems. That started being discussed on various forums including TalkTalk's - and someone joined the dots and came-up with a theory.

One of the most cited arguments against the TT theory was that BT customers were also affected but there was little clarity in those threads - hence asking about bundled/unbundled.

The main reason for asking about it here was to try to deal with that before it became another conspiracy theory.  If there's no commonality involved in terms of the ISP, we can reasonably dismiss that as a possible cause (plus, knowing that BT and TT customers are affected removed other local elements such as a particular brand/re-branded router - BT hubs and TT D-link tat are very different animals).

There is one "nagging question" and that's whether any ISP that DON'T have TV-streaming services are affected - just in case it's linked to QoS (or any similar system being used to ensure a "smooth" connection for "prioritised" data).   I can't check that where I live - around here it's BT or TT, that's it.

To be honest, I'm just trying to pass the time until sony admit that they cocked something up with the software update (note - NOT the later firmware update that did precisely nothing).

pengipete

oddie2004...

Did you need to do anything (reboot, unplug, pray to Anubis) or did it just start working?

Since it started working, have you had cause to exit iplayer and try to get back into it - or to switch the box off and on again?

I ask because I just got it onscreen for a few seconds but when I went to the sony menu and then tried again, I was back to the error message.  Whilst I was able to access iplayer, it was very slow and jerky in responding to the remote.

OperaTV Store - still nothing

Accuweather - still knackered (400 - SSL certificate error)

etc

denisegordon
Explorer

My BBC apps have just started working! I'm on Virgin Media, box was switched off (haven't done a reboot today), did a network update on Thursday that didn't make a difference, no update today but they are back in action.
cader10
Explorer

My BDP S5100  Player, switched it on this afternoon, thought i would try the BBC i play was not working this morning, however this afternoon its back on. no updates took place, So  it  must have been resolved by the BBC, as they were investigating, however .I was supprised it got resolved so quickly. I still think that  if it was left to Sony,  and if  the BBC  had not  got involved , we would all be still   left high and dry. 

I'm afraid i will still  stand by my initial post, that i have lost total faith in Sony. And any future purchases I make, will not be Sony products.  

Jeejayr
New

Bizarrely, tried once again and iPlayer works... Did the software update a couple of days ago with no result, then after doing nothing used it fine last night. Guessing this topic & all the emails must have woken someone up: nice work team!
Neilgreen_uk
Explorer

Hurray iPlayer funtionality restored.

Anyone out there with a S1100 that can access Opera Store as I still cannot ?  :cry:

pengipete

'Fraid not. 

BBC stuff now working (but still "dragging") but Opera, Accuweather (and lots of other apps) have never worked for me and still don't.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I don't know if it helps in some way, but in Italy (BDPs5100) opera apps and accuweather are working smoothly. No idea regarding iplayer since we don't have that service here

profile.country.GB.title
oddie2004
Explorer

Sorry slow in getting back.

I initially did a factory reset which solved nothing Opera store was working. This morning Opera store is giving me a 495 error, BBC iplayer etc is still working and behaving as I've seen in the past.

pengipete

Thanks for that.