Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S1100 problems with opera apps and SEN apps.

SOLVED
radiaz12
Explorer

BDP-S1100 problems with opera apps and SEN apps.

Has anyone else had trouble following the recent upgrade where the S1100 blu-ray player doesn't run opera apps anymore? And when you try to open a SEN app, it says 400 bad request.  I've been considering trying to re-upgrade with a cd using the UPDATA_M1R0138.ZIP I downloaded from the Sony website, but I'm afraid to brick the player.  I haven't found enough technical support to guide me through the process.  

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm super frustrated because I really wanted to be able to use some of the apps.  

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
reupen
Explorer

I have the same problems with a brand new S4100. Opera TV Store says 'your TV is not supported' and I can open SEN but some apps like AccuWeather say feature not available. Sort it out Sony.

radiaz12
Explorer

Now I'm having that error 495 message when I try opening opera apps too.  Seriously, SONY, it has been months now.  Why can't this be sorted out easily?

profile.country.en_GB.title
haydenwright
New

Hi,

I've been having the same problem with my BDP-S490, I've tried the fixes in this thread but they haven't worked for me.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Hayden

radiaz12
Explorer

I'm still having trouble with mine. None of the solutions suggested have
worked. So annoying.
Neilgreen_uk
Explorer

I also have this problem and now iplayer has also stopped working.

Help...
cornbarn
Explorer

I have the same problems with my S3100 which was okay until 2 or 3 days ago. Any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator
profile.country.GB.title
reupen
Explorer

@Drewde wrote:

Please see here for more info. http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/Home-Cinema-Projectors-Players/BDP-S1100-iplayer-no-documents-found/m...

Updated and the Opera TV Store worked initally, but now back to error 495. AccuWeather shows a web page about an SSL certificate error. BBC News and Sports say not compatible with your device. iPlayer says no documents found then shows an error page.

Is it really that hard, Sony?

diesel43
Explorer

has anyone got the opera apps to work yet or maybe give me some pointers.

Regards Peter

Batesz
New

I searched hours on the web, tried various suggestions with no luck. I was about to take it back to the store where I bought it.

At last I did a full reset in SETUP -> Resetting-> Reset to factory default settings -> all settings

Then finally it started to work.

Hope it will be a solution to you as well.

Regards

Attila