Join now - be part of our community!

BDP-S1100 problems with opera apps and SEN apps.

SOLVED
radiaz12
Explorer

BDP-S1100 problems with opera apps and SEN apps.

Has anyone else had trouble following the recent upgrade where the S1100 blu-ray player doesn't run opera apps anymore? And when you try to open a SEN app, it says 400 bad request.  I've been considering trying to re-upgrade with a cd using the UPDATA_M1R0138.ZIP I downloaded from the Sony website, but I'm afraid to brick the player.  I haven't found enough technical support to guide me through the process.  

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm super frustrated because I really wanted to be able to use some of the apps.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WalterTattersall
Explorer

Switched it on last night and got a message to say an update was available.  Downloded it and bingo everything now working - Demand5, Opera App store and all the Apps are working as they should.  Thanks!!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
radiaz12
Explorer

Are there any support staff from Sony reviewing these fora? 

Is anyone else having trouble with the Opera Store?  Or Sony Entertainment Network apps?

Help!

Tags (4)
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

You should be able to update the firmware from the player itself, which is a little simpler than the USB stick version. Maybe give that a spin first and see how that works..?

radiaz12
Explorer

I tried that, but when I did, it said, 'already updated' and doesn't do anything else.

Interestingly, after my initial post, it received an update through the network which i promptly installed, as you suggested and the problem seemed to go away. I could access the Opera Store with no problem.  However... flash forward 2 days later and again it doesn't work. I'm not sure what the problem is.  But I don't see an easy way of contacting Sony to fix it. 

Any help?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried unplugging the router from the mains? this will force the Blu-ray player to reconnect. Could also try runnig a factory reset on the player as well..

Thanks

radiaz12
Explorer

Thanks, but that didn't work.  It still says, 'we are sorry but your device is not supported' when I try to open Opera TV store.  

I tried both disconnecting the router at the mains and factory resetting the bluray player. Is there any way of forcing it to reinstall the recent upgrade?  

radiaz12
Explorer

I'm thinking of returning this blu-ray player.  I'm still within the time limit.  I'm going to get a Samsung.  I can't believe what shoddy service I've gotten for this player. Sony used to be so good. 😞

skl1983
New

I lost all of the apps on my BDP-S1100 for nearly a month and I found a fix on here and it solved my problem and I've got all of the apps back.

Go to [Setup] then [Resetting] then [Initialise Personal Information] then go to [Video] or [Music] then [Update Video].

This should work for you aswell...
Glory_Hornet
Explorer

I have a S490 and the store was working fine until today.  I now get a screen that says "We are sorry but your device is not supported (err:495)."  Also getting the 400 error in SEN.

I have the latest firmware, I have tried resetting the browser settings, Resetting the machine in set-up, and turning the machine of at the wall as previously suggested, but to no avail.

All other functions work OK. i.e. Netflix, LoveFilm, iplayer etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you look at your settings and ensure that Javascript is enabled?

Cheers.