Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ST3 sound bar question

SOLVED
nikkakog

HT-ST3 sound bar question

Hi all,

I have received this nice sound bar and i have connected the BDV-EF1100 with hdmi 1.4 cable but when i play various blurays with DTS MA the HT-ST3 decode this as Lpcm ,is that correct or should be decoded as DTS MA as well ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nikkakog

So the solution is to set in BDV-EF1100 hdmi control off and audio output to hdmi only then the sound bar plays with the original bluray audio format DTS HD MA ,if you set audio output to speaker+Hdmi the player will play DTS HD MA and the sound bar 2.0ch pcm

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Im just curious on how this is connected up - from what ports on what device using what cable - the EF1100 has its own speakers?

LPCM - I wouldnt worry about it to be honest.  As far as I can see, your using quite a unique setup anyhow.  I am assuming that the EF1100 is doing the audio decoding and then outputting the raw audio stream as LPCM.  LPCM is high quality digital audio as well.

Cheers

nikkakog

Hi Quinnicus,

The HT-St3 output is connected the the HX820 hdmi1 arc and the EF1100 to the hdmi1 input of the soundbar with hdmi cables 1.4 ..

So searching the net i came to this ..

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/313310-sony-str-dn1020-chronic-lpcm-48-display-when-playing-bl...

so changed the Bd Audio Mix settings to Off but didnt help

nikkakog

So the solution is to set in BDV-EF1100 hdmi control off and audio output to hdmi only then the sound bar plays with the original bluray audio format DTS HD MA ,if you set audio output to speaker+Hdmi the player will play DTS HD MA and the sound bar 2.0ch pcm

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha - Are you still outputting audio via the EF1100 speakers?

Looking back at your original question in regards to DTS-HD MA - At this moment, the EF1100 is doing the audio decoding, however it cannot decode DTS-HD MA (up to DTS-HD HR - which is slightly different), therefore it is decoding it as LPCM.

The BD Audio mix is not the setting you are after.  What you want, is to skip the audio decoding on the EF1100 altogether.  Sometimes this is called Bitstream.  In the Audio Settings of the EF1100, try setting the "Audio Output" to HDMI only.  If that doesnt work, I cannot see any other settings that would work.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay - You figured it out, just as I was replying !!

nikkakog

Yes ,thanks for your help always ,just a small correction the Bdv-Ef1100 supports fine DTS Hd Master Audio

Anonymous
Not applicable

Must of missed it in the specs :grin:

Thanks for the correction

Good luck with everything